Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Out and About

Went out last night to the Austin Monthly magazine launch party to meet and greet some of the editors. Went with my PR pal Alicia and we visited with several media folks about the goings on in Austin and enjoying some adult-time during the summer when kids are at camp. It's fun to get out of your everyday routine and see colleagues.

Getting up this morning for my Wed run was a little tougher, but hey, if you don't show up, you don't get the benefits. My ever-loyal running pal and best friend Cindy always shows up. She kept me on a good pace...harder than what I'm used to but easier for her. Now that the hamstring is better, it's time I pick up the pace a bit.

My son, however, got up and decided he was too pooped to run. He actually ran down the block with us and was not keeping up and decided to turn back. Maybe later today, he'll decide to do his own run. He's doing tons more than most of his friends.....I'm proud that he's been getting out and running with me.

No comments: